A manual logistical system using Dutch mobile containers already offers growers a great deal of flexibility and added value, at an affordable cost level.
At the same time having even a manual rolling bench system opens up a world of possibilities for future automation of production processes, internal transport, irrigation and expansions
HOVE International and Logiqs also work together to fully understand the growers needs and ambitions, and when needed, long term phase plans can be made where the grower can fully understand how his greenhouse's logistical system can be upgraded in time.
Some of the advantages of using a manual bench system are:
- Better working environment for greenhouse workers because the crop is at a correct working height and not on the ground
- Improved space utilization, of up to 90% of total greenhouse surface
- Savings on water and chemical usage
- Improved air-flow under the benches, leading to overall better energy efficiency for heating/cooling the greenhouse
- Ebb and flood irrigation is easily made possible by using Ebb and flood bench surfaces
- Allows for easy operation in greenhouses with multiple heating-cooling zones for the various stages in the plants life
- Less space is needed for the internal transport of the plants
If you would like to learn more about how your greenhouse would benefit by using a Rolling Bench system, please get in touch with us!