One of the most important and wide-spread application for rolling benches are production greenhouses for potted plants such as: Orchids, Spathiphyllum, Calandiva, Begonias, Cyclamen, Kalanchoe, Chrysanthemum, Poinsettia, Calathea, Spathiphyllums, Roses, Cactus and just about every potted plant you can think of.
Rolling benches improve space efficiency by as much as 30% compared to stationary benches and/or growing directly on the ground.
Specific Advantages for growing potted plants on rolling benches:
- Streamlines all production processes such as potting, spacing, trimming, order picking, etc.
- Reduces labor costs and improves working environment for greenhouse workers because the crop is at a correct working height and not on the ground.
- Rolling Benches generally allow growers to utilize up to 90% of the space in the greenhouse, while non-rolling bench arrangements often use only 60% of the space
- Savings on chemical usage
- Savings on space as a result of the “first in first out principle” on the pipe-run's;
- Irrigation, nutrients, disease fighting, growth regulator can all be applied in a precise manner with various automation possibilities
- When using a rolling container system less space is needed for the internal transport of the plants
- Central work area is possible allowing for more efficient working conditions
- A much improved airflow within the greenhouse, underneath the benches, especially compared to crops grown at ground level. This reduces the risk of humidity induced diseases for the crop
- Because of the improved air-flow under the benches, it becomes more energy efficient to create the appropriate climate conditions for growth in the greenhouse, leading in turn to lower energy costs
- Ebb and flood irrigation is easily possible
- Ebb and flood irrigation with small compartments is also possible, in order to avoid the possibility of spreading disease for sensitive crops
- Allows for easy operation in greenhouses with multiple heating-cooling zones for the various stages in the plants life
HOVE International helps it's customers choose the right solutions for their crops.
The starting point can be a Manual rolling bench system, and depending on the automation needs of the grower various levels of automation can be implemented, all the way to a state of the art full-automatic system controlled using the Dat-A-Control Software.
All systems are designed to offer maximum flexibility for both short and long-term needs. So even if a manual systems can be later fitted with automation solutions without requiring large scale modifications.
What are the benefits of working with HOVE International?
- Maximize labor, growing and operational efficiency
- Scalable designs to protect your investment
- Efficient chemical usage
- Automation to reduce inefficiencies
- Optimal space utilization
- Years of expertise, with excellent reputation and references
- QUALITY: represent the highest quality of products in the industry
If you would like to learn more about how your greenhouse would benefit by using a Rolling Bench system, please get in touch with us!