While for some growers a fully manual logistical system using rolling benches is more than enough to improve their quality and efficiency, a lot of growers choose for at least partial automation of the logistical system in order to reduce labor costs.
Hove International and Logiqs work closely together to fully understand the growers requirements and future expansion plans. We can supply the grower with a multi-year masterplan that can be phased in and is scalable. One can start with a manual system and upgrade to an automatic system incorporating solutions like the 2D-Shuttle.
Some of the advantages of using a partially automated bench system are:
- Lower labor costs for internal transport of plants and a higher logistical capacity then a manual system
- Better working environment for greenhouse workers because the crop is at a correct working height and not on the ground
- Improved space utilization, of up to 90% of total greenhouse surface
- Savings on water and chemical usage
- Improved air-flow under the benches, leading to overall better energy efficiency for heating/cooling the greenhouse
- Ebb and flood irrigation is easily made possible by using Ebb and flood bench surfaces
- Allows for easy operation in greenhouses with multiple heating-cooling zones for the various stages in the plants life
- Less space is needed for the internal transport of the plants
- Processes such as potting, spacing, order picking, irrigation and even Plant Phenotyping can be fully automated
If you would like to learn more about how your greenhouse would benefit by using a Rolling Bench system, please get in touch with us!